Converting image files into editable text files is a huge time saver. It helps you avoid the tedious task of typing out the entire content of the image file.
In this tutorial, I will give you an end user perspective on how to convert JPG Files to Word Files. Using this tutorial, you will be able to convert JPG Files to Word Files in no time.
How conversion works?
Image to text conversion is based on OCR or Optical Character Recognition technology. This technology is used to read characters from the input file and compare it against the stored characters. This way the image file is converted into a text file. This technique is widely used and is very accurate.
Tools required for JPG to Word conversion
There are certain software and online tools that can be used for converting JPG Files to Word Files. We will explore both the online and downloaded category of OCR tools in this guide.
There are many online tools offering JPG to Word File conversion. They have the advantage that one does not have to download them and can easily use them. This advantage can also become a major flaw because if you do not have a working internet connection then you cannot use these tools. Below are the steps for using these online OCR tools:
- Go to onlineocr.net
- From the “select file” option, select the image file you wish to convert and upload it.
- Select the language in which the text of the scanned file is written.
- Select the desired format of your output file. The default output format is docx
- Then you will be required to enter a captcha. Do it and click on the convert button.
- Your conversion should be completed. Then download the converted .docx file.
This was the online conversion tool. Next we will explore the downloaded OCR software.
Software available for download
As in the case of online tools, there are many downloaded OCR software that can convert JPG Files to Word Files. All of the software in the market are equally good and have almost the same accuracy. But for the sake of simplicity and to avoid the confusion of choosing from so many different software, we will choose one software namely JPG to Word Converter.
Following are the steps that you need to follow for using this software:
1. To download the software, visit this link : http://jpg-to-word-converter.en.softonic.com/
2. Once the download is complete, open the software. The screen should look something like this.
3. Now we need to upload our input image file. To do this, we have two options. Either upload the image file from the computer or upload it directly using a scanner. After the upload is complete, the screen should look something like this
4. Once the input file is uploaded, we now have to select the format in which we want our output file. For our purposes, we want a Word file, so check Word (.doc). The image below clarifies the point.
5. We now select the input language our image files is in. For example, if the input file is in English, then select English
6. All that’s left now is to click the Save button.
Done and dusted. Your JPG File has been converted into a Word File.
After converting the file, to software also allows you a lot of other options. You can put a watermark on the output word file and prevent its illegal usage. You can also put a password on the output file so that unauthorized access can be prevented.
An important thing to be kept in mind is that the input image quality must be high. If the input image quality is not good, then the output file will not be good and will not resemble the source file. Therefore care must be taken to provide a good quality input image file for conversion purposes.
That’s all you need to know about JPG to Word Conversion. If there is still something bugging you, follow the link below and watch the YouTube video.