Here is the best way to use Google Reverse Image Search. Google, the world’s most powerful, resourceful, and useful search engine has a lot more to offer than just helping you find what you are looking for. There are tons of things that people are still unaware of, and most of these things can help you improve your search quality and preferences, which in term enable you to find what you are looking for in a matter of seconds.
Normally people use keywords and key phrases to find what they are looking for on the internet with the help of Google. For example, if you were looking to buy apples, you would search for something simple as “buy apples.” However, you can refine your search to make it easy for you to find the best apples, like “buy apples in LA.”
Entering your location can greatly help you to find what you are looking from, starting from your immediate vicinity. Now days, no one has time to scout markets to find what they are looking for, especially when Google can easily do this job for you.
Image and video search is a very popular feature of Google, but people are not always able to find the images they are looking for with the help of Google’s Image search. The normal method of searching for images in Google is with the help of keywords. However, what if I told you there was an even better method of searching pictures in Google?
If you are looking for an image that looks something like the image you want to use, but it just is not perfect to use, then what you should do is use your existing image to find a better image.
The reason for searching for a similar image can be many, but like I said, it is very simple and easy. Following are the steps that will help you Google Reverse Image Search.
Following are the steps for Google Reverse Image Search.
- Open Google’s image search and before typing anything in the search bar, you should notice a camera like option within the search bar when you hover your mouse over it. Right next to it is the icon of a mic, ignore it for the time being because right now, we are only reversing Google image search.
- Click on the camera icon and a new small window will open saying “Search By Image” followed by two options below. The first option is to paste image URL, now you can obtain the URL of any image by right clicking on it and selecting ‘open in a new tab.’
- After opening the image in a new tab, copy its URL and paste it in the Google’s image search and press enter.
- When you press enter, the results will show you all the images similar, exactly or partially similar to the image you searched for. You can refine your search by entering keywords and or changing the image preferences i.e. searching for high or low quality images or images that were submitted recently.
- The second option in the new window is “upload an image.” This feature allows you to upload any image from your computer and look for similar images on the internet. This search will give you the same features as searching for an image with the help of its URL, but the real benefit of this feature is that not many people know how to obtain the exact URL of an image.
- So if you are unable to find the URL of an image, then simply download it onto your computer and upload it in Google’s image search. The results will be the same and displayed in an order to most recently added images.
Reversing Google’s image search has a lot of benefits for the everyday Google user. Firstly, it will help you find the right images that you want to use, and secondly, it will help you finding the right size of images that you looking for.